Tuesday 15 April 2014

A Refined Dinner in Heaven...

Ni Hao everyone,

Last week, when I was going through my Facebook, an old friend sent me a message telling me that he was coming to Taiwan the following day. This friend of mine is from Japan. 


Now, you must be wondering how come do I have a friend from Japan knowing the fact that have never been there haha...Five years ago during my first year of electrical engineering, I went to Brighton in the United Kingdom to join a language course. This is where I met Satoru, my Japanese friend. We used to have lunch together and wander the streets of Brighton :) All thanks to the social networks we have been able to stay in touch and voilà we decided to meet again...in Taipei! 

Then, he asked me to look for a nice place to eat in Taipei. Then I thought why not go to have dinner in Taipei 101 :) and so, we decided to have dinner at the Diamond Tony located on the 85th floor of the Taipei 101 tower.

At first, we had to take the elevator to the 60th floor and then to pick up another lift up to the 85th floor. It was quite amazing, the building is so high that you need to change lifts to get to the top ^^
The elevator in Taipei 101 is very fast, in less than 45 seconds, we were already at the 60th floor, really unbelievable :)


When we finally arrived to the restaurant we were welcomed by numerous waitresses, that was so cool !
As we got to our table, my friend and I were already amazed by the breathtaking sight.


The Diamond Tony is basically an Italian Gastronomy Restaurant, one of the finest in all Taipei. We started our dinner with some freshly baked garlic bread with yummy shrimp sauce...Then, we have some delicious mushroom cream soup.

After the soup, we had some appetizers. For my part, I ordered some salmon sashimi with an Italian vinaigrette. It was quite osée different genres of cuisine (Japanese and Italian) but the chemistry was there. Nothing to say, the fish was very fresh as if it was just caught and sliced a few minutes ago. And more important was the decoration, everything was just perfect !!


Then came the "entrée", it was some pasta with cubed mozzarella cheese. I am a huge fan of mozarella cheese...I can really have it in any form (salad, pizzas or pasta). The sauce was nice and the vegetable were crunchy ^^ not over-cooked nor raw...just perfect !


The main dish was a real revelation for me. I decided to go for the lamb. My favourite meat is lamb, even though I am not a big meat fan, I can enjoy lamb any time haha...The presentation of the main course was just mouth watering and the tenderness of the meat was just like heavens :) I had never eaten such soft and perfectly cooked lamb ever...Your mouth must be watery by now...here's the picture of that piece of art (meat) ^^ Even now, while writing this article my mouth is watering ^^


Time for some desserts, yes I actually meant some dessertS ^^...After a long time, I had the chance to eat some tiramisu and some other treats. 

The food was excellent, the view from the window was breathtaking...In one word, it was the best dinner I had in Taipei for now (along with Din tai Fung). The atmosphere was really cool as I was catching up five years of time with an old friend. Moreover, we actually had a music band doing a live performance and I don't know how they did that but they played all my favourite songs haha from some Disney movie songs to the Beatles passing by Frank Sinnatra...Gosh I was really in heaven..after all 85th floor is not very far from the heavens :p



The moment I decided to go to the restroom was also one of the funniest moment of that night ^^ I went to the bathroom to do my business and it was full with large windows giving on the city scenery...It was like the world is observing you...pretty strange ^^ But the funniest was when doing my business.....I was going for number 1, the only thing I could see was the view ahead of me...It was really like peeing on the world !!! haha...Now I understand where the "GOLDEN RAIN" expression comes from haha
Until then,
Zai Jian with more articles, more pictures and more confidences :)






No comments:

Post a Comment

cover

cover