Sunday 20 April 2014

Day Trip to Ying-Ge :)


Hello everyone !! I think the picture is quite self-explanatory, I went to the city of Ying-Ge today :)

Ying-Ge is a small town located in the suburbs of Taipei (30 minutes by train). The main speciality of the town is the ceramics. They have dozens of shops only for ceramics, crockery etc...really exciting !!

In the early morning, I left Taipei to join a friend who would take me there by motorbike :) Then, we joined the other people at the Ying Ge railway station. The first thing I noticed in Ying-Ge was the numerous markets, more than night markets.

Moving on, my friend and I went to meet the other people who were joining us on this day trip :) They belonged to the language club at Tatung University. In total, we were a group of 14 people to spend the day in Ying-Ge. 


At the beginning, I was a bit surprised to see so many people at once. The first question I asked myself was, how was I going to remember all the names... O.O Gosh ! Fortunately, most of them had English names a real relief for me !! 

We started our visit by visiting the two old streets of Ying-Ge...I found the old streets very charming, the cobblestone path and the palm trees gave a nice look, stylish and cool :)



 We headed to the local shops to see the ceramics art work which was quite impressive. Even though, it was forbidden to take pictures, I took some discretely "paparazzi style" ^^ Why hide such beautiful show pieces to the world ? 



Normally, Ying Ge's old ceramic streets are always crowded during the weekend..maybe it was was lucky day :) they listened to my prayers when I went to the Palace museum :) so crowded !

First, we went into a work shop with different kinds of crockery, like cups and tea pots :)



It was a very cute shop, with very small object everywhere with all kinds of colours, a real treat for the eyes.

Coming back to serious things, we went to do some pottery in a DIY pottery factory. At first, we were welcomed by a middle aged woman, excited to have a foreigner (me!!) in her shop. Then we had an instructor, who explained to us how to do the pottery. Obviously, the explanations were in Chinese so I couldn't understand a word the guy said...Fortunately, a friend translated to me what he said :) Even though, I was still lost...trying to remember the gesture the instructor was showing  :S

I think I got the hand of it :



I was the first to finish my work, I contained myself to do something easy and simple ^^ something I can carry back home :) But I think the others did a good job too :)


I should be able to collect it in three weeks :) so happy !! After that, we headed up to go for lunch, well deserved after so much hardwork.

After lunch, we went on doing some hiking on the Ying Ge Rock Mountain, but the way was full of embushes...let you know why... At the beginning the way was very safe with maintained stairs..


It was after, things got worse ^^


I know exactly what she was probably thinking...I had the same thought...How the HELL am I going to climb this....just ropes and rocks to help us climb...crazy!!!

But we are brave men and women, we decided to confront the challenge and climb this mountain no matter what!  That was really like the Survivor tv show..


In the end we made it to the top !!


As we got down of the mountain, I met a strange creature...like a hybrid...check by yourself :



What do you think? As for me, I think I found Simba ^^


           Nants ingonyama bagithi Baba              


 [Here comes a lion, Father]

         Sithi uhm ingonyama          
 
[Oh yes, it's a lion]
ants ingonyama bagithi baba
NSithi uhhmm ingonyama
Ingonyama
iyo Nqoba

[We're going to conquer]
Ingonyama
nengw' enamabala
Ingonyama

This song must have plunged you in childhood...me too :)

It was a great today for me, I visited more stuff...But most important, I met really interesting people today. I made new friends and I will be looking forward to go on a trip with them..I thank them for welcoming me in their circle and making me feel so comfortable :)

Until Then,

Zai Jian ^^




No comments:

Post a Comment

cover

cover