Wednesday 16 April 2014

Palace Museum & Longshan Temple

Ni Hao Everyone !!

The blog has reached 700 views !! I am so happy that people are enjoying my blog and I promise to keep posting articles regularly :)

Today was one the most enjoyable days I have ever had in Taipei. I went to visit around the city with four other people.

From right to left : Porridge, Janet, Dora, Me & Jeff  :)


We started first by going to the Palace Museum in the north of Taipei City. Not attached by MRT, we had to take the bus, the R30 to get there. When we reached the museum, the first shock was the number of people. Honestly, I was not expecting a lot of people, especially when you visit during the week :S

The main visitors were Chinese people. The strangest kind of visitors ever...I had never been to a museum with so much of noisy people...Seriously, Chinese people visiting the museum had no manners..they could push you if they wanted to and speak so loudly...really like villagers. 



The museum is full of small object that were brought to Taiwan by boat from China. The museum has a great Jade stone collection of different colours...I wish I could show you but cameras were not allowed inside the museum. :(


After visiting the museum, we decided to head to one of the most famous temples in Taipei, the Longshan temple.


I had never seen such a beautiful temple before...the golden ornament and the numerous carvings and wood work were just amazing :) I also decided to pray in Longshan Temple :


After the prayer, I went on visiting each corner of this huge temple...there are many gods represented here (god of sea, god of love, goddess of maternity, god of medicine...). When I prayed at the temple, I really felt very peaceful, as if all the stress and anxiety had left me :) For me, praying is an other way to meditate and focus on the essentials elements. 


After spending a good quality time in the temple, we headed to the night market...so much walking and sightseeing makes you very hungry hehe....In the night market, I tried some rice cake made with pork blood...yeah you read right "Pork Blood"...the taste was no bad but not that tasty for me :S


You can find a lot of thing in the night market, like food, clothes, toys, drinks...surprisingly this also :





Overall, it was a fantastic day !! I really enjoyed myself and spend good time with my friends :) I really thank them from the bottom of my heart for their time and energy :)


Until then, 

Zai Jian

No comments:

Post a Comment

cover

cover