Saturday 3 May 2014

It's a jungle out there !!

Hello Friends,

Weekend approaching, I had to look for something to do...The whole week was quite cloudy and rainy so couldn't do much things. So I told myself, I have to come up with something for the weekend, and I did ! :)

It has become quite difficult to look for things to do as I have seen most of all Taipei ^^ So, had to look harder this time ^^

I opted for the Guandu Nature Park.

The Guandu Nature Park is located in the north of Taipei, a natural park for birds stopping-over during their migration. Basically, this park is more like a bird sanctuary for me. When I was little, I remember to have visited one in India with my grandmother :) 

As I entered, a Taiwanese woman started asking me questions in Chinese...I didn't know but she was in charge of tickets haha...I could speak more Chinese, and this time no confusion...it was just perfect !!

They are many paths into the park, but it is not very big though...That was a small relief for me as I can get lost very easily if the place is huge...As I entered the park, I could here all kinds of birds singing and berries falling on the floor..The most interesting was the numerous observatories in the park. You could just step in, find a nice spot to observe the birds :) But there were more than birds to see :


They had a nice collection of flowers such as orchids and other varieties of flowers. It's a very nice place to relax as you walk inhaling some fresh air...far from the noise of the city.

It was a great experience, as there was nobody and the weather was pretty supportive ^^ But like I said, it is a bit small as I had planned to spend at least half a day there. But I finished my visit in 2 hours and half...

This is where I decided to go to a place nearby, my most favourite place in Taipei..Danshui !! Danshui is the city which is 50 km away from Taipei...It is the area where the Tamsui river joins the sea. The air is very fresh there, a very nice place to be !! 

Like every weekend, the place was full of people :) But, it is really nice as there are mostly children, families and lovers arround. Besides, many street artists come to Danshui to entertain the visitor..I stopped for this one which looked very impressive to me...


The artist was painting it upside down, and after he finished his oeuvre, he turned it upside down...making appear for those who don't know Bruce Lee. You really need to have a twisted mind to produce such a piece of art :)

After this short break, I continued my visit up to San Domingo Fort...the red brick was really coming out incredibly well. It was built in 1629 by the Spanish...made of wood the first time. It was used to claim taxes on the goods passing through Danshui. One day, some people burned it down, and the Spanish rebuilt an other one, of stone...stronger, and higher in the hills.




It reminded me a lot of the Pirates of the Carribean ^^ the first one....(Port Royal)..Anyway that is my own imagination ^^

After that, I saw that the sun had started to come down...and I didn't want to miss the sunset for the world...so I almost ran for long 20 minutes to get in time to get the shot :)

And I did !


I stayed looking at the sun, realizing that this was my first sunset I ever looked till the end ^^ 

It was extremely difficult to take the picture as it was super-dooper windy !!! Very hard to focus on photography with such wind !

But I still managed to take some nice pictures : 


It was a great day out as I have been able to do more things than what was scheduled..The weather was nice and I finally got the chance to see the sunset in Danshui :) 

Happiness appart, I cannot feel my legs right now haha...Getting down the MRT, I saw this Indian Food Shop !!! He was selling chicken curry and butter naan !! I went to give my order, his face turned into a vey happy one...probably enthusiastic about meeting an other Indian haha...and what pleasure to order in your mother tongue...too lazy to speak Chinese or English....^^ What is the use of speaking 5 languages if there is no equality between them...I think I have found my balance now haha ^^ 

My eyes are closing by themselves right now, I guess it's the effect of the curry.....^^ It was divine !! In France, Indian restaurants serve many "Cheese Naan"...but here there is no Cheese Naan, but Cheese Samosa !! I have to try that ^^ very soon :)

Until then,

Sonal saying good night !


No comments:

Post a Comment

cover

cover