Sunday 30 March 2014

Taipei Day 1 / Jour 1




After landing in Taipei, I was surprisingly not feeling any jet-lag (^_^) Soon after, I spoke with some local people and I found them so friendly and very fond of foreigners.


When I got out of the airport, I took a taxi to my university. The weather was just awesome, it was warm and a bit humid, just the way I like it After, getting in the taxi, I tried to explain the driver where I wanted to go. He did not understand me...Fortunately, a friend of mine had given me a short message in Chinese explaining the destination. So we arrived in less than 15 minutes ! That was quick compared to the one and half hours in Shanghai....


On my arrival to Tatung University, I met Aaron, a local Taiwanese guy who helps international students when they arrive in Taipei. He showed the dormitories and the main facilities of the university. For my part, I chose to stay in a room with local Taiwanese guys. It's a four people room and all of them were from Taiwan. They were extremely friendly with me. They helped me with my stuff, and also invited me to join them for dinner outside. After having a yummy noodle soup, I went back to my room to sleep, it was already 2 o'clock in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

cover

cover