Sunday 30 March 2014

The Shilin Night Market






Ni Hao Everyone,

I decided to go for the most famous night market in Taipei, the Shilin Night Market :) You can find all kinds of things there...like clothes, jewellery and most importantly for me FOOD My friends made me try one of the most famous thing to eat in Shilin, the Chi Pai. Chi stands for chicken and Pai stands for breast...so literally I had Chicken Breast...it is a basic fried chicken which is then barbecued. It was delicious, like I would say it in chinese "Hao Chi" (tasty). Then we went on visiting the market : it's really full of life here...I really like this way of spending good evening instead staying at home like in France. You are free to eat whatever you want and wherever you want.

Meanwhile, I took the opportunity of visiting a Buddhist temple in the Shilin Night Market. I had never been to a Buddhist temple before, it was a really nice experience. One of my Buddhist friend showed me how to pray. I also prayed to God to grant me a wish but it wasn't my lucky day...Anyways, I really enjoyed the architecture of the temple. The red and golden colours were dominating the room and the smell of incense sticks invading the place. It was really a beautiful temple.

 
The most impressive were the carvings and the sculptures ornamenting the temple. I was fascinated by the Lion / Dragons guarding the entrance of the temple. 

Coming back to the local yummy food, we headed toward a famous restaurant where I had a peanut butter hamburger..delicious :)






No comments:

Post a Comment

cover

cover