Sunday 30 March 2014

The Taiwanese Food :p

Hey, thanks to all for following my adventures in Taiwan It's been a week now I am staying in Taipei...Maybe I can tell you more about the local food ^^
Blog de adventuresintaiwan :Adventures In Taiwan, The Taiwanese Food
Here people usually eat their meal outside...they like to go to the various night markets in the streets of Taipei. They have all kinds of dishes to offer...Naturally the main meal here is rice and noodles (Fan & Mian in chinese). Being a big fan of rice, I tried so many fried rice dishes here...from the weirdest to the most spicy ones ^^ Fortunately, my stomach is accepting rather well the delicious food I am having here..haha .As for beverages, do not go for the famous soda brands like Coke or Sprite, they are disgusting . Taiwanese people are not used to having sweet soda drinks...the worse were at Mc Donald's...They like to have ice tea here, the strangest of kinds ^^ Once I tried lemon black ice tea...quite bitter ^^ But one of the best I had was in Jiufen, the mango green tea..It was so good!! Since I love both green tea and mangoes it was excellent
Blog de adventuresintaiwan : Adventures In Taiwan, The Taiwanese Food


Coming back to the food, Taiwanese cooking involves a lot of fish and sea food. I had the opportunity to try some fried baby squids and clams and oysters (fried and boiled). When I told my Taiwanese friends that in France we eat the oyster raw...they were so disgusted ^^ they told me "French people are crazy!!" haha I couldn't stop laughing especially when I tried some snails there...they tastes more like nasal mucus (booger) haha...


But the best thing I go crazy for is the numerous variety of teas ^^ It's sensational the range of types of tea they have here..when you walk in the night market the merchants would ask you to try the tea and nothing is more refreshing than a nice sip of tea.


If you go to right places....you can eat so much for free here because merchants like foreigners to try their food...and you know me...I enjoy going for the free stuff ^^ (MUFT.. MUFT... MUFT)


Tonight, I am going to visit an other famous night market, one of the biggest in Taipei with some friends..Let u know how it was...


Until then,


Zai Jian

No comments:

Post a Comment

cover

cover